People love running as it is among the best exercises that can be done anywhere anytime. Running has rendered endless benefits for our health. But, it is very normal to get ankle problems while running. 15% of the runners suffer from ankle rolling and twisting. Sprains and rolled ankles are the two most common injuries that happen to runners. And, anyone can control these conditions by using the best ankle braces for running.
Running is the best way to keep yourself healthy and fit. But in the same way, it is also the easiest way to get ankle injuries. The effect and stress of running can be tough on joints, muscles, bones, and ligaments. Well, to avoid all such problems it is necessary to wear ankle braces for running. There is a huge variety of best ankle sleeves for running available in the market. Whether you need to reduce your inflammation or customized compression, there is one and only one solution and that is Ankle Brace!
Injuries caused by Running
- Heel Bursitis
- Ankle Sprain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Stress fracture
- Medial Tibial stress syndrome
- Pulled calf muscle
- Chronic compartment syndrome
- Delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Groin pull
- Muscle cramps
- Overtraining syndrome
- Shin splints
Benefits of Ankle Braces for Running
- Ankle braces deliver support to the weak ankle joints.
- Helps to reduce the swelling and alleviate pain.
- It also helps to prevent further injuries.
- Quickly relieves ankle pain.
- The adjustable compression by ankle brace supports it from all aspects.
- Reduces the load from the ankle.
- Encourage blood circulation and alleviates pressure from the heel bone.
- Supports the tendon which surrounds your ankle.
- The breathability of the ankle brace absorbs moisture from your body.
Best Ankle Braces for Running Reviews
Not only just protection but it also helps to reduce your Tendonitis pain and support the weakened ankles. Running can cause the over-stretching of ligaments and sometimes it causes tears in the tendons of the ankle. No doubt, running has unbeatable advantages for our bodies. Besides, from burning calories to escalate cardiovascular activities, it brings wonders to our well-being. So, wearing an ankle brace for trail running is a smart choice to stay safe.
For this reason, we have selected the top best ankle braces for running with different materials and features, particularly crafted to support runners. Let’s have a detailed look at them.
|AirHeel Ankle Support Brace
Compression Ankle Brace
|ASO Ankle Stabilizer
|Bauerfeind Ankle Support Breathable Brace
Ankle support by Bracoo
AirHeel Ankle Support Brace by Aircast To Reduce Swelling
- Features an innovative Air-cell technology that provides pulsating pneumatic compression.
- Comes with innovative technologies to mitigate swelling, inflammation, and soreness in the ankle joint.
- Assures better stability and improved proprioception as it comes with medial and lateral stabilizers.
- Completely shields the ankle and foot with the air cells under the foot arch and Achilles tendon area.
Needless to say, AirHeel Ankle Support Brace by Aircast is one of the best ankle braces for running. It is probably among the very few braces that come with innovative air-cell technology. These cells actually exert pulsating pneumatic compression in the targeted area around the ankle. And by doing that, it can effectively reduce swelling and mitigate inflammation.
Read More: Best Ankle Braces For Sprains
This brace also helps to improve blood circulation in the injured area through its unique compression system. Besides, it also has two interconnected air cells that can provide the required amount of pressure under the foot arch and at the back of the Achilles tendon. It not only supports your ankle but also helps in pain management.
Comes with modern technology, this brace is equipped with medial and lateral stabilizers. These stabilizers not only offer great stability to the ankle joint but also improve proprioception. From plantar fasciitis to Achilles tendon or ankle dislocation, this brace can be equally effective in several serious conditions.
Made of the right blend of compression spandex and waterproof nylon, this brace also features air cells for better compression. The manufacturer also tested the cells by putting around 1000lbs pressure on them. Besides, the material is extremely lightweight and breathable to make it comfortable for daily use.
- Features latest air-cell technology for better compression
- Delivers pulsating pneumatic pressure in the targeted area
- Easy to adjust through its Velcro strap
- Comes with lightweight, skin-friendly, latex-free material
- Available in three different sizes for proper fit
- Not very durable as other rigid ankle braces
- Available in just black color variant
2. Compression Ankle Brace by Senteq For Complete Protection
- You won’t ever have any fear of getting hammertoes, weight distributions, and bad arches.
- Comes with an innovative design to make it easy to wear without the need of anyone’s support.
- Features an open hill design that not only assures a snug fit but also prohibits irritation.
- Supports the weakened muscles and sore joints to reduce swelling and inflammation.
The specially designed Compression Ankle Brace by Senteq is ideal for the runners for many reasons. It can effectively protect the delicate ankle joints from sprain, strain, and ankle dislocation. Besides, it can also support injured ankles to alleviate pain. Moreover, it can also reduce the inflammation and swelling in the ankle joint.
Read More: Best Ankle Braces For Basketball
This one doesn’t have any strap, lace, or even Velcro. So, it is extremely easy to wear and easy to put the required amount of pressure on your ankle. All you need is to just slip on this ankle sleeve to have complete protection. It is also extremely lightweight to make it suitable even for regular use.
Talking about the benefits, this one can reduce pain. Besides, it can also reduce joint swelling and muscle inflammation. Moreover, it can also maintain an optimum temperature in the affected area to promote better and faster healing. It also calms the joint ache in case of ankle dislocation.
Comes in an open-heel design, this one provides complete stability of the ankle and surrounding muscles even while running and jumping. Made of non-toxic neoprene material, the main fabric has great breathability to assure better comfort on humid days. Besides, it can also effectively absorb sweat to ensure a dry atmosphere.
- Comes with a high standard of manufacturing process
- Innovative open-hill design to support wide range of motion
- Provides proper compression in the ankle area
- Prevents irritation, sweating, and chaffing feeling
- The soft and lightweight brace made of non-toxic neoprene
- Manufactured in small batches
- Need to buy the right size for proper fit
3. ASO Ankle Stabilizer by Med Spec For Complete Stability Of The Ankle Joint
- Among the very few ankles braces that come with a Figure-8 strap to support and protect the delicate ankle joint.
- By securing the ankle tightly, it improves the overall athletic performance of a sprinter.
- Made with high-quality material to assure better breathability and improved performance.
- Comes with an elastic cuff closure to facilitate support to the muscles and tendons while stabilizing the ankle joint.
Firstly, the uniquely designed ASO Ankle Stabilizer by Med Spec is made with durable yet lightweight material. And secondly, it comes with a unique design to provide adjustable and targeted compression in the ankle area. And with this combination, it is undoubtedly one of the best ankle braces for running.
Comes with a figure-8 strap, this one features an elastic cuff and lace to keep your ankle in the right place. Besides, it also perfectly locks the muscles and tendons in place to eliminate any chance of twists and turns during sports activities. Moreover, it also aligns the ankle at the correct angle to improve athletic performance.
Not just as a daily support system but this brace is also helpful in injury recovery. Besides, it can also work like a charm in post-operative rehabilitation. Recommended by many professional athletes and sports physicians, this brace can truly fulfill all the demands of a professional or amateur athlete.
Perfectly crafted with ballistic nylon, this one has super strength and durability. However, the main fabric is lightweight and breathable. Moreover, it doesn’t cause any chaffing feeling or skin irritation. You can also easily wash this brace in your washing machine. Comes in 6 different sizes, this brace offers the best fit for everyone.
- Highly recommended by the professional athletes
- Provides a comfortable yet snug fit in the ankle joint area
- Assures perfect comfort and protection in the Achilles area
- Comes with an invisible seam to assure extreme stability
- Made of durable and lightweight material for better comfort
- A bit difficult to put on or off
- Need to buy the right size for a perfect fit
4. Bauerfeind Ankle Support Breathable Brace For Best Athletic Performance
- Keeps the ankle stable during running or jumping to eliminate any chance of sports injury.
- Supports the ankle while locking the muscles in place to deliver unmatched athletic performance.
- Comes with a knitted fabric to tenderly massage the muscle and tendons around the ankle joint.
- Anatomically contoured design is ideal for a perfect fit to provide the required support.
Not only a secure fit but the Ankle Support Brace from the house of Bauerfeind also provides excellent support. It properly stabilizes the ankle joint while securing the muscles and tendons in the right place. But the best thing, it won’t limit any range of motion to give you a perfect sense of freedom.
By assuring a complete stabilization of the ankle area, it eliminates the chance of strained tendons, ligament fatigue, and rolled ankles. Besides, it is also quite helpful in several health issues like Achilles tendons, arthritis, and even plantar fasciitis. Moreover, it can assure extreme comfort and support while in regular use.
Comes with a crisscross strap, this one eliminates any chance of injury by tightly securing the muscle in place. It not only adds an extra layer of protection but also boost confidence. And the combination of these things can supercharge the athletic performance. You can also use it under your training shoe while practicing.
Made with premium material, this brace is extremely lightweight yet durable. It will never cause any sweaty or chaffing feeling. Besides, it is perfectly safe and allergy-free for even the most sensitive human skins. Comes in six different sizes, this brilliant brace can assure a snug and firm fit for everyone.
- Comes with adjustable Velcro strap for customized compression
- Breathable material makes it suitable for daily use
- Unisex and ambidextrous design
- Moisture-wicking material also has antibacterial properties
- Boost oxygen circulation to encourage rapid healing
- A bit more costly than other ankle braces
- Manufactured in limited stocks
5. Bracoo Ankle Braces For Running Like A Professional Athlete
- Not only just ankle instabilities but this brace also supports strains, sprains, ligament tear, and even tendonitis.
- Alleviate pain from the ankle area by targeting compression in the joint, muscle, and tendons.
- Can effectively reduce swelling and inflammation from the ankle joint while strengthening muscles and tendons.
- Comes with an adjustable compression that treats Talocrural joint, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendon.
From muscle instability to chronic arthritis pain, Bracoo Ankle Braces is effective in many cases. Even if you are suffering from critical medial issues like the Talocrural joint and Achilles tendon, it can provide great support. But not only just pain management and recovery, this one can be equally effective in just daily support.
Running is something that can quickly escalate into an acute ankle problem due to many factors. From twisted legs to muscle fatigue, you can suffer excruciating pain for many reasons while running. But in all these cases, this specially designed brace can work like a charm due to its targeted compression delivery.
Comes with an open-heel design, this one restricts the extra movement of the ankle while allowing the necessary range of motion for running. But, it locks the muscle and tendons in place. So that, you can eliminate the chance of injury and can deliver optimum performances. Besides, you will feel more confident while wearing it.
Made of lightweight but sturdy material, this brace is extremely durable. The latex-free fabric made of neoprene is also very breathable. And for that, it won’t suffocate or give you a chaffing feeling even in humid weather. Comes in two different sizes, this one can assure the best fit for almost all the ankle sizes.
- Comes with an open heel design for best support
- Can be easily adjustable to any ankle circumference
- Effective in sports-related injury rehabilitation
- Relieves chronic pain in muscle, tendons, and joints
- Perforated and lightweight the material provides adjustable compression
- Manufactured in limited batches
- Comes in just black color variant
So, these are the best ankle braces for running and sprinting that you can buy this year. But, you need to buy according to your requirement. Suppose you require something for pain management and injury recovery, you need to buy a completely covered one with rigid support. But, if you need a specific brace for your support during running, go for a thinner sleeve that comes with an open-heel design.